COAA is an Oregon 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our present focus is to organize and support bolstered avalanche educational opportunities in the Central Oregon area. COAA is operated by a Board of Directors that provides financial oversight, and general operations duties. Learn more about the COAA Board.
We are presently involved in:
- Community avalanche education events
- Increased distribution of relevant mountain snow and weather data (web-based)
- Coordination with entities such as National Weather Service and Northwest Avalanche Center to identify gaps and needed equipment to bolster and improve forecasting
- Provide funding to assist in purchase of above mentioned equipment as identified as best benefit to general public
- Organizing local for-profit entities to best serve the local community
Future activities entail:
- Coordination with the US Forest Service and National Weather Service to staff a forecast center for the Central Oregon Range.
- Provide scholarship opportunities to identified persons to assist in attaining certified avalanche instruction.
Central Oregon Avalanche Association
2701 NW Scandia Loop
Bend, Oregon 97701
Or via email, email@example.com
^ Members of the COAA Board of Directors.