Oregon Ski Guides
Courses Offered: Avalanche Awareness, Level 1, Level 2
Area: Bend-Sisters-LaPine & Mt. Hood-Portland
Online Resources and Reading:
- A Dozen More Turns: An eye opening and informative documentary (this is why we do what we do).
- Avalanche, A Life Saved: Hey SLEDDERS an eye opening and informative documentary for you (this is also why we do what we do).
- Avalanche.org: Quick links to all our national forecasting pages as well as numerous other resources. Great information source for national information.
- Interactive Avalanche Safety Tutorial: A quick refresher or introduction to traveling safely in avalanche terrain.
- National Avalanche Center: A great resource full of tutorials and information.
- AIARE Resources: Numerous technical artical, video, and tutorial links.
- Backcountry Access: A good resource for companion rescue information. Click here to read more about our beacon park.
The "Know Before You Go" avalanche education program was developed and provided to the Central Oregon Avalanche Center by the Utah Avalanche Center. This is a free basic avalanche awareness program and not a replacement for taking an avalanche class taught by certified avalanche professionals. Read more
For the 2020-2021 season, the status of the Mt. Bachelor and the National Ski Patrol Beacon Training Park courtesy of Backcountry Access is still to be determined. Read more